Ready to Transform Your Backyard into a Resort?
Whatever your plans may be... get the scoop on today's most popular pool design trends from Aqua Blue Pools. They can provide you with a pool design that will turn your backyard into the ultimate destination for either entertainment, fitness, fun, relaxation or a combination of everything.
If you plan to do a lot of poolside entertaining, consider who your guests will be. Make sure the design will conform to any given event you plan to host. Whether it's casual or formal - if your guests are family or friends, business associates and clients, or all of the above - here are some things you should consider in your design:
- Make sure there is a place for everyone to gather inside and outside of the pool area.
- Outdoor cooking area
- Outdoor dining area
- Outdoor media entertainment like: Watching a sports event, the latest flick, or just listening to your favorite tunes.
Adding water and fire features to a pool design greatly increases the relaxation factor of any pool. The sound of trickling or running water soothes the soul while staring at flickering flames relaxes the mind. Can you say... "Om."?
There are various types and styles of water features and fire features available - and a variety of materials to choose from. Your Aqua Blue Pools swimming pool designer will help provide you with the most up-to-date information so you can determine which features will best suit you and your outdoor space.
- Water falls (Streaming effects, rain effects, sheeting effects, etc.)
- Water walls
- Water bowls
- Fire bowls
- Fire pits
- Water and fire feature combinations
- Planters with water and/or fire features
Activity Zones for Fun & Sports
Some people like to play sports in the pool or engage in fun activities around the pool. What kind of fun and sports zones will your pool design require?
If your lifestyle demands specified "fun zones", they can be planned and designed for all age groups. These zones can include things like:
- Splash Pads Outside of the Pool - A great compliment to an existing pool. Splash pads are ideal play areas for toddlers, small children and grown children of all ages. Designs for splash pads can be customized to appeal to a variety of architectural tastes... and the only limitations are the size of your outdoor space and budget.
- Water Spray Features - In the pool or outside the pool, water spray features can be customized and designed to fit any architectural style and budget.
- Sun ledges in your pool - Sun ledges make for excellent play and lounging areas in the pool. Depths for sun ledges can range anywhere from 6 inches up to 18 inches. Add fountains or spray features, umbrella sleeves, throw in a cushy lounging chair - and voila! You've got your own personal shady spot for fun times and chillin'.
- Beach entry - The beach entry pool design concept is also ideal for becoming a lounging or play area inside the pool. Similar to sun ledges, the beach entry area is a great spot to add fountains, water sprayers, and umbrella sleeves. Another great feature of beach entry pools is the sloping entry which makes ingress much easier for those with limited or no mobility. Having a beach entry pool is just like being at the beach - but better, no sharks and sand!
For the sports enthusiasts, pool sports zones can be added and usually include:
Fitness and Therapy
Any pool can be utilized for fitness and therapy, and it doesn't necessarily need to be a large pool. For the fitness factor, the water resistance against your body's movement is helpful all by itself. Just try running around the pool perimeter, jumping up & down, moving your arms and legs up & down, forwards & back... you get the picture. But if you're a fitness fanatic, you can turn your swimming pool into an all out aquatic gym.
You can add things like:
- Exercise bars on a pool wall
- Swim current jets (illustrated above)
- A variety of exercise equipment and accessories specifically designed for swimming pool use are available.
- Heater and jets for therapy
Whatever you need for your backyard swimming pool design, contact the local experts at Aqua Blue Pools. Our team has transformed the backyards and lifestyles of Lowcountry families for over 23 years.
Consult with an Aqua Blue Pools representative by either calling 843-767-7665 and press 0 for Andrea or you can also contact us online by clicking here.
Aqua Blue Pools is the Lowcountry's ONLY Master Pools Builder.